KT Hirai | "We've found the key to Zeus vs PerfecT match up"


Translation of the interview uploaded on Sep-13 by fomos esports | 2024 LCK Regional Qualifier Round 2 - Finals Qualifier against BNK FearX

Q: How do you feel after the match?

Hirai: We had to win, and I was confident that we could. So I trusted in the players, and I’m happy we won today. The players performed well, and I believe we can do well tomorrow too.

Deft: Well, I think there were points in all three sets where we could have lost. Tomorrow, (T1) is a strong team who can capitalise if we made the same mistakes. So we will need to perform better.


Q: Can you talk about today’s match?

Hirai: In the first game, there were some psychological aspects affecting both teams. But beyond that, there were some in-game strategic decisions and parts of our pre-game predictions that were a bit off. This happened not only in the first game but in the second and third as well. The players already recognized these issues before we even provided feedback after the match, so I believe we can improve. If we concentrate tomorrow, we’ll have a good match.

Deft: Personally, I don’t think there’s ever a significant difference in my individual skills. But when the team’s overall synergy isn’t complete, I tend to get distracted by a lot of things, which is something I need to fix. As the team improves during the qualification stages, I think my personal form tends to look better.


Q: What do you think of the nickname "Demon of the 4th Seed"?

Deft: Since we’re racing for Worlds as the 4th seed right now, I think it’s a great nickname.


Q: What do you think about the upcoming match against T1?

Hirai: I wasn’t thinking much about the match (against T1) and focused on today’s match (with BNK FearX). Watching their match (with DK), I could feel that both teams were really desperate. We’re also desperate, and I believe our players will give their all tomorrow for a good match.

Deft: I haven’t been fixated on it either. Whether it's against DK or T1, I’ve prepared every match with the mindset that we have to win. I’m focusing solely on winning, without worrying about other things, and I will do the same tomorrow.


Q: What’s your opinion on Corki?

Hirai: From both our practice sessions and the current meta, Corki is not a bad pick at all. He’s still being played because we have good data from practice that supports his viability. Even though we lost today, Corki’s strengths were clearly shown in the game, and I think he could still be picked by either team tomorrow. Regardless of the outcome today, he remains a viable pick, and I expect both teams will likely be open to using him tomorrow.


Q: Could there be an unpredictable draft picks in tomorrow's match?

Hirai: There can certainly be unanticipated variables in the match from either sides. The opponent is also has players who are very open-minded about champion picks and strategies, so I think both teams will be flexible tomorrow. 

It will come down to concentration, who can stay more composed, and whose condition is better. 


Q: Deft blocked Ziggs well with Jhin.

Deft: It wasn't just about the matchup between Ziggs and Jhin, but rather, how Jhin fits into the overall composition. Among the picks that can counter Ziggs, I think Jhin works well. 


Q: Was there anything you learnt from the last match up with T1?

Deft: The biggest difference between then and now is that we communicate and respond more organically. Back then, we suffered significant losses during lane swap phases of the game. If we face the same situation again, I don't think we’ll suffer one-sided losses in lane.


Q: Can you explain your approach to the match and preparation?

Hirai: Yes, we faced some setback during lane swap but we can do better. There are some areas that I think we are better at. Looking back at the previous playoffs, we could have won and we should have won.

We’ve made improvements since the playoffs, and looking back, I believe we should have won those matches. For tomorrow's match, we’ve given plenty of feedback to the players, and are trying hard to apply that in the match. If we can carry that out, I think our chances of winning are very high.


Q: Have you found the key to Zeus vs PerfecT match up?

Hirai: We’ve had a lot of discussions and made significant progress during practice. I’m confident that tomorrow will go well, not just in laning but in every aspect. I feel that the team has gained momentum, and I trust our players. 


Q: If you could talk about solo kill situation with Clear?

Deft: I missed Clear's position in the map and pressed Teleport but I think we responded to that situation appropriately.


Q: Closing comments?

Hirai: We are desperate to win tomorrow, not just me but the entire team. We’ve prepared with this desperation, and with your support, we will give it our all to win and never give up. Thank you for your continued support.

Deft: Thank you.


Source: fomos esports, https://youtu.be/ciROJ-_31hw?si=jYuHY2HKKP0JWUyf 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T1 Faker | "Goal is to grind and deliver at the Worlds Championship"

T1 Gumayusi | "If I Could Only Meet One of Three Stars To Have a Meal With, I Would Choose Actress Park Bo-young'"